Having the right gas on hand, and the right amount of that gas, is critical to getting the job done. If you’ve been in business for a while you probably have a good handle on what type and how much gas you need from your industrial gas supplier every week. But if you’re new to the industry or have experienced a change in business patterns or gas consumption, a call to your gas supplier is in order. Listed below are some examples of when it’s time to check in with your gas supplier.
When To Check In With Your Gas Supplier
There are several instances when you should contact your gas supplier to discuss adjusting your industrial gas delivery.
• You add new equipment. New equipment, particularly flow nozzles and regulators, can affect how much gas you are using. If you notice a change in your gas consumption after adding new equipment, those new pieces are likely to blame.
• You offer new services. If you have added new services, you are likely going to be consuming more gas. Rather than making do with the gas you have on hand, consult your gas supplier to make sure you are using the optimal gas for the application. There may be an alternative gas that is better suited to the new service.
• You are running out of gas sooner than usual. If you’ve been placing the same order for years and haven’t had a significant uptick in demand but are running out of gas sooner than usual, there’s a problem somewhere. You may have a leak or an equipment malfunction that is causing you to lose gas.
• You have more gas left over than usual. Having more gas let over than usual may sound like a good thing but it shouldn’t happen unless there’s a change in demand. Even if there has been a change in demand, it might not be worth it to keep the excess gas on hand and slowly use it up. Many gases have a shelf life and should be used before this date is met to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. It’s better to return unused cylinders and reduce the number of cylinders you receive than to hold on to old gas.
• You are not happy with the performance of your current gas. The right gas can make the job easier. If you are struggling to achieve desired results, the gas may be the problem. Check with your gas supplier to see if there is an alternative gas that can give you the results you’re looking for.
Josef Gas Supports Customer Success
By working closely with your gas supplier you can ensure a steady supply of the gases you need at all times. Josef Gas’ close relationships with our customers help us better understand our customers’ business needs and offer advice and support that helps them succeed. By understanding business needs and goals, we can recommend the best gas for the job and the most cost-effective solutions for the business.
Visit www.josefgases.com or call us at 416.658.1212 to discuss your gas delivery needs.