MSDS & Learning
Josef Gas provides training for all Propane uses.
Forklift Propane, Temporary heat Propane, Salamander use and Tar Kettle training courses are ALL available from our Training Services.
Components of the Welding Arc
The area of the welding arc is a region of high complexity that is comprised of physical forces and chemical reactions. The interaction of the components of the arc affects metal transfer and the quality of the finished weld. The behavior of the arc is influenced by:
- The type and diameter of the filler metal.
- The base metal conditions – clean or millscale.
- The shielding gas.
- The welding parameters – voltage and current.
- The interaction of physical forces – gravity, surface tension, jet forces and electromagnetic
The character of the mode metal transfer, the penetration profile, and the bead shape are influenced by the forces applied to the metal as it moves from the electrode end to the work-piece.
Cross Section of a GMAW Arc
Short Circuit Metal Transfer
Short circuiting metal transfer, is the mode of metal transfer where a continuous fed wire electrode is deposited during repeated electrical short circuits.
Short Circuit metal transfer is the low heat input mode of transfer for GMAW. To perform a suc- cessful short circuit transfer, using the correct shielding gas and wire diameter is imperative.
Typically this transfer mode sup- ports the use of .025 to .045 wire diameters with either 100% CO2, or a mixture of 75-80% Argon and 20-25% CO2. The low heat input makes this transfer ideal for sheet metal thickness ranging from .025” – .20” material.
Pinch Effect during Short-circuiting Transfer
- All position capability
- Good for poor fit ups
- Root pass capable
- Low heat input reduces weldment
- Ease of use
- High electrode efficiencies up to 93%
- Restricted to sheet metal thicknesses
- Poor procedure control can result in excessive spatter and clean up cost
Material Safety Data Sheets
Download MSDS information by clicking on the links below
- AIR COMPRESSED
- AMMONIA, ANHYDROUS
- ARGON HELIUM – INERT GAS MIXTURE
- ARGON, REFRIGERATED LIQUID
- CARBON DIOXIDE – INERT GAS MIXTURE
- CARBON DIOXIDE – OXYGEN- INERT GAS MIXTURE
- CARBON DIOXIDE, REFRIGERATED LIQUID
- DRY ICE (CARBON DIOXIDE, SOLID)
- CARBON DIOXIDE
- LIQUID ARGON-OXYGEN MIXTURE REFRIGERATED LIQUID
- Nitrogen Refrigerated Liquid
- NITROUS OXIDE
- OXYGEN, REFRIGERATED LIQUID
- OXYGEN-INERT GAS MIXTURE
- SULPHUR HEXAFLUORIDE